Omegaflex DUO is an advanced multi-action formula combining glucosamine & calcium with marine EPA 70% and GLA, designed to provide comprehensive support for joint and bone health. This unique supplement replenishes vital nutrients that nourish the synovial fluid, support collagen synthesis and form the building blocks for cartilage and bone tissue renewal, as well as substances which provide anti-inflammatory support and offer relief from discomfort.
Chosen for their synergistic benefits, the natural ingredients in Omegaflex DUO are highly bioavailable, ensuring optimum absorption and utilisation in the body. Taken together, glucosamine & calcium and E-EPA 70 (a patented marine EPA 70% & GLA formula) capsules provide effective support for the joints and bones as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
- For general wellbeing: adults and children aged twelve years and over should take 2 glucosamine & calcium capsules (blue blister) and 1 E-EPA 70 capsule daily (silver blister).
- For individuals who are especially active or those who require additional joint & bone support in later life: take 4 glucosamine & calcium capsules and 2 E-EPA 70 capsules daily.
It is not advisable to exceed the above dose unless advised by a healthcare practitioner. Take Omegaflex DUO with food for optimum absorption.
Omegaflex DUO contains vital nutrients that regulate inflammation and immunity, and provide the building blocks for bone tissue, cartilage and the synovial fluid. The following ingredients have been carefully selected to ensure maximum bioavailability and efficacy:
- Glucosamine is an amino acid synthesised by the body from glucose, forming the connective tissue in the joints. Comprising 50% of the lubricant within the synovial fluid, glucosamine provides the shock-absorbing mechanism that protects joints against wear and tear. Also converted into protein-stimulating glycosaminoglycans (such as hyaluronic acid and keratosulphate), glucosamine enhances the manufacture of collagen and maintenance of connective tissues, aiding in the rebuilding and repair of cartilage.
- The fatty acids EPA and GLA balance and maintain healthy omega-3 and omega-6 levels, regulating the production of eicosanoids – compounds that support a healthy immune system and regulate inflammatory response. EPA also aids the healing of ligament injuries by promoting cell migration, metabolism, growth and repair of the wounded area. Research suggests that EPA may also increase the rate at which collagen is synthesised, contributing to cartilage, tendon and bone support. Via suppression of in?ammatory mechanisms and promoting the absorption of calcium in the body, EPA may also encourage increased bone strength and density.
- Calcium, vitamins C & D3 and zinc are required for optimal immune support and for collagen synthesis, which provides strength, resilience and support to cartilage, tendons and bones.
- Algas Calcareas is a highly bioavailable algae-derived source of calcium and over 70 other minerals and trace minerals including boron, copper, magnesium, selenium, silica, strontium and vanadium – all known to play a role in bone health, maintaining a healthy immune system and regulating inflammatory response.
If taking any medication, seek professional medical advice before taking this product. EPA thins the blood, which is a desirable effect for the circulatory system. If, however, you are taking any medication that thins the blood, do not take this product without prior medical advice. Pregnant or lactating women and children under twelve years should not take glucosamine. This product should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. Allergen information: contains fish.
- Glucosamine & calcium capsules: Glucosamine hydrochloride; Algas Calcareas minerals; capsule shell (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose); ascorbic acid; silicon dioxide; magnesium stearate; zinc oxide; vitamin D3
- E-EPA 70 capsules: Capsule shell (fish gelatine, vegetable glycerol); ethyl-EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) concentrate from marine fish oil; organic cold-pressed virgin evening primrose oil; antioxidant: vitamin E